- Balboa Navel Hospital is crazy, it wasn't designed to be as expansive as it is and Doc got a little crazy in the parking lot and with all his turns and jerking us around TC threw up (like really got sick) for the first time in her life. Mommy instincts had me rip my shirt off to clean her up from the front seat. Thank God I had a tank top on underneath! I got to look like a slob at the hospital wearing Doc's massive hoodie.
- Doc didn't get the injections this time, he has to wait until the beginning of March but he is a fan of this doctor so that's comforting.
- TC is at that age where she notices if someone is different, she didn't even bat an eye at the wounded warriers in wheelchairs missing one or both of their legs, not a head scratch at the many different prosthetic, and no staring at scarred faces. I am so proud of her.
- Like most soldiers Doc made as many Marine jokes as he could while we stayed at Camp Pendleton - mostly trying to get a reaction out of me because my brother was a Marine. Silly boys and their branch rivalries.
- The zoo is so much better when you aren't 30 weeks pregnant.
- TC loved all of the animals, Addie didn't care, she was happy to be outside.
04 February 2013
our latest trip
We returned home from San Diego on Friday, super early. Though we rented a little beach house it was still just a one bedroom which isn't great when traveling with kids. The place was great, right on the beach, Del Mar Beach Resort at Camp Pendleton. This was right outside of our back door.