27 October 2011

baby update

I had my 32 week appointment the other day and it was non eventful really.  I had to wait for over an hour for a 5 minute appointment - if I wasn't so close to my due date I would find a new doctor but this is what happens when you move later in pregnancy I guess.  I really do miss the army hospital at our last post (Madigan at McLewis), I never had any real problems there.  I stayed with family medicine and my appointments were easy to schedule, I never had to wait more that 15 minutes and it was a one stop shop.  Sure, I would have liked a private postpartum room but that's my only real complaint.  But what can you do?

Everything looks good and on track.  My blood pressure was a little low for me, I'm usually around 120/70 or 115/70 but I was 100/70.  No one seemed concerned so I wont be either.  After losing 5lbs last week because of stress my weight stayed where it was 4 weeks ago so I am still right around an 18lb weight gain.  The doctor also confirmed that she is in fact head down which is great.  That was pretty much it.

As for me, I'm moody and tired and starting to have trouble waddling around and doing things I've always done.  I loath the bottom rack of the dishwasher and more nights that not I go to be with TC's toys all over the living room.  I told Doc last night that I need more help and he kind of laughed at me.  It wont be so funny when he comes home to a clean house but no dinner because I'm doing it on my own and decided that a clean house was more important that a home cooked meal.  (In his defense his TBI is creeping back  up but that's a different post.)

I'm having some weird cravings too, today I would trade my leg for a jug of fresh squeezed lemonade.  As always a cold shot of vodka would be amazing right now - momma wants to feel the burn.  Mostly, I want my good wine.  Sure I will have some red wine now and then or half a glass of Guinness (yes you read that correctly, and go ahead and judge if you must) but I'm not going to waste my good wine on a half a glass.  When I open up my Chateau St. Michelle Muscat I intend to drink a good amount.  So basically I'm craving drinks.

And for your viewing pleasure here's me and my bowling ball.    



1 comment:

  1. Still smiling, even at 32 weeks! You look great, and I hope that Doc realizes you need help around the house. Hope you keep feeling good!

    ReplyDelete