I hate when people around me are in pain. It seems like these past few weeks all I have been doing is asking people to pray for the people who have touched my life. Life is just so fragile, you can fight for it for almost a year or have it ripped from you as you attempt to save another's, you can feel it growing in your for months only to have what could be devastating complications.
My mom texted me while she was following the ambulance that help my niece to a hospital in Nashville where she will be assessed because her water broke today, she's in her 23rd week. It's no secret that I was not a fan of my niece giving up her dreams of being an orthodontist and the scholarships she was awarded to have a baby with her loser boyfriend but that doesn't mean I wanted something like this to happen.
I haven't gotten an update yet but best case scenario is that it was a rupture with no contractions or dilation and they will be able to monitor her and her little girl on strict bed rest for several weeks to come, worst case - well I don't want to think about it.
No matter how old you are, no matter if it was planned or not the love you feel for your child starts well before she comes into the world. I still mourn my miscarriage adn I didn't even know I was pregnant until I wasn't anymore. I am glad I reached out to her a few months ago, I let her know that all babies are a blessing and that being a mom was an amazing gift. I congratulated her. I wish I could be there for her, she's just 18. My mom is there, her mom is there (my oldest sister) and I hope her boyfriend is there.
And of course it wouldn't be my family if someone didn't so something inappropriate. My second oldest sister (M) posted about it on facebook. When will people understand that you don't post other people's news on facebook. She was soliciting prayers but that doesn't make it any better, this is a private thing that our niece is going through and if she chose to share it that's her choice. Some days I wish I could just delete facebook and not have to deal with the drama my family causes but if I did that I wouldn't see what they put out there about me. (Yes I know I am posting it here but the only person who reads this who knows my niece hasn't seen her since she was in diapers.)
So if you can, please keep my niece in your thoughts, I can't imagine what she's going through.
How terrible for her! I will definately say a prayer.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree many days about facebook. People seem to think everyone else's news is their news sometimes.
So sad. Please let the blog know what ends up happening so I know how to continue to pray.
ReplyDeleteI read this post and the following one in the wrong order so I almost had a coronary. >.<
ReplyDeleteGlad you are okay, but so sorry for your niece. What brutal news. I will keep her and her baby in my thoughts.
Tough for you to have to go through this too. Take care of yourself, mama.
karen
I saw M's post and thought- really, on facebook. Oh my...
ReplyDeleteDo you know if they were able to give your niece steroids prior to the delivery? I'm sure you remember what happened with Becky (which we now know was a blessing and believe that God was in control) but they were not able to give her steroids to help the baby's lungs develop.
but if her baby was born and is alive, this is good news right? Have you heard any updates?
I've been praying for her and will continue to.
I am very sad for what happened and for sure sending prayers to your whole family. And I understand why posting something like that on facebook would upset you. I have a small group of friends who all have a little group on facebook that get updates if family is sick etc. weve had some babies with health problems and it has been a quick way of keeping close people informed though out the day. But its like 9 people and were all in the same church or married or relatives. this year someone over heard a private conversation and found out a lady in our town had a miscarriage and that it wasnt her first time. this person posted this ladies name on her facebook wall and asked people to pray for her to stop having miscarriages. she has over 400 facebook friends. there were a billion comments and LIKES(what the hell) on that post. the lady I know was so upset and humiliated. Random people knew her intimate secret that most her family didnt know.I think people are way to sloppy with other peoples privacy these days. Its sickening. Sorry for the long post during this time but these things really upset me. I hope your family gets peace and time to be together with those they need in this hard time. And I pray that healing isnt far.
ReplyDeletePrayers to your niece...
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel regarding telling other people's news... especially on FB. My older sister yells at me (and my mom) all the time when she doesn't hear things from us -- esp when it has to do with my younger sister. I don't feel that it is my place to tell other people's business, I don't care who it is about. And I sure wouldn't be posting it out on FB, at least not without her permission.
Hope all is well... I have been reading for awhile now but this is my first time commenting...