Throughout my life I've been surrounded by people who want to one up you on who has it worse. I know that I have it pretty great right now. I realized last night that my sister posted on facebook at the same time that she sent me a message asking if I got mom's text. Not even giving me a chance to reply had I gotten the message. Had I not gotten the text I would have found out on FB and she was fine with that. Does she not remember the drama that happened when my sister in law posted about TC's birth before I could call my family? Both my sister and my sister in law posted these things because they wanted to own the information and in turn own event.
I have never understood why people want to take on another's tragedy, maybe it helps them feel better about them self, maybe they want to nurse a wounded bird - who knows. As for me, I have a great amount of empathy for other people. I always have, when something horrible happens I am often moved to tears for those who have to actually go through it. I was a sensitive child and that never left me as I grew up. That being said, I have never been one to flock to a blog upon learning that a spouse was KIA (ever notice how readership skyrockets when then happens, it's kind of sick).
I share these things on my blog because I am thinking about them. I also believe in the power of prayer, not that I think we should get everything we pray for because we all have a path set out for us. Even if a prayer chain isn't going to save the day I believe that many times the recipient can feel the love.
Not that I think anyone was thinking that I was a tragedy chaser or anything I just wanted to make it clear that I am not. There have just been a lot of crappy things happening to people who have touched my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment